Welcome to Carterton – the centre of the Wairarapa. Enjoy country town hospitality. Only minutes from Masterton, Greytown, Featherston & Martinborough. We are 90 minutes drive from Wellington. Your hosts are Bernard and Christine Cleary.
Play area, Swimming pool (summer only), BBQ, Laundry service. Cooked and Continental breakfast available, corporate rates available.
Restaurants, Takeaways, Hotels & local amenities within Walking distance, Central to local attractions.
Carterton is a small town in the Wellington region of New Zealand and the seat of the Carterton District. It lies in a farming area of the Wairarapa in New Zealand's North Island. It is located 14 km southwest of Masterton and 9 km north of Greytown.
Founded in 1857, the town was originally known as Three Mile Bush, and served as housing for workers building the road between Wellington and Masterton. It was later renamed after Charles Rooking Carter.
The town describes itself as New Zealand's daffodil capital. Carterton was the birthplace of Sir Bob Charles, the first left-handed golfer to win a Major, the British Open in 1963. The Carterton District Library is the oldest purpose-built library that is still used as a library, in New Zealand.