Welcome to Carterton – in the centre of the Wairarapa. Situated only minutes from Masterton, Greytown, Featherston and Martinborough.
Carterton prides itself on being a friendly little town that offers a wide range of local attractions and the Matador Motel is just part of that experience. Your hosts are Barry and Colleen Orme.
The Matador Motel is situated in the centre of Carterton on High Street and close to pretty much everything.
Some of those attractions and locations include:
- The railway station is only a 5min walk and from there it’s just over an hour to the Westpac Stadium to watch the All Blacks versus British & Irish Lions test.
- Carterton Events Centre, numerous pubs and restaurants are an easy 3-7 minute walk.
- Paua Shell Factory is a 10 minute walk.
- Clareville Hockey Centre is a 3 minute drive.
- Greytown and Gladstone are a 7 minute drive.
- Masterton is a 12 minute drive.
- Mt Holdsworth is a 15 minute drive into the Tararua Ranges.
- Martinborough Fair or Toast Martinborough are a 20 minute drive.
- Mt Bruce Wildlife Centre is a 35 minute drive.
- Castlepoint, Riversdale, Lake Ferry and Palliser Bay are amongst the many other notable places to visit.